- Category: October 1, 2010 Strathmore Times
As a Real Estate Agent in Strathmore (since 1999), I have had the opportunity to meet many residents (both old and new). I know the heartbeat of this town and I would like to use my strong negotiating skills to address the following:
1. Relocation of #1 Highway: One of the most talked about problems is the #1 Highway Relocation. The Relocation has been on the Government’s mind for the past 10 years. Although it will be another 10 – 15 years before it happens, this uncertainty is already chasing away new business. It is also causing a great deal of division within Strathmore. By having a solution, we as a town can approach the Government with a (Bald “Win-Win”) proposal. I have a solution that will help the town, save the farmland and taxes as well visit my website www.kevinbaldwinformayor.com.)
2. Building on the Strengths of Strathmore: Strathmore is a great community for families and children to grow up in. The families I meet all say the same things.
“teachers in Calgary highly recommend the teachers and school system here”
“the hospital system is personable with great staff and much shorter waiting times than in Calgary”
“the Town staff are friendly and helpful”
3.Addressing the Needs of Strathmore:
• with the aging population, families ask about services for their parents as well as their children. We need to address these needs by accessing Government grants and with income generating ideas.
• we need to find ways to support more recreational activities for our seniors as well as our youth
• beautification of our town (including the highway areas)
• resolve town irrigation issues
• slow down the traffic on Centre Street
• accountability and transparency of town officials
As Mayor, together with Council, we will listen to our Citizens, build on our strengths and make our community #1 in Alberta.
“Strathmore Putting Our Citizens First”